Halloween is three weeks away, but it’s never too early to start planning.
If you’re thinking about throwing a Halloween party this year and want to take it up a notch, these three Halloween themed drinks might do the trick. You’d better start making that grocery list now and thank me later.
1. Candy Corn Jello-Shot
Every Halloween, I see the famous retweeted picture of a shot with candy corn themed colors.
Well, I did my research. Here’s how you make it:
- Disposable shot cups
- 1 Bottle Vodka
- 1 small box of lemon jello
- 1 small box of orange jello
- 2 packets or 3 tablespoons of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups of boiling water
- Cool whip or regular whip cream (optional)
- Sprinkles or candy corn for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine lemon jello and 1 packet of unflavored gelatin. Stir.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
3. Add 3/4 cup of vodka and 1/4 cup cold water. Stir.
4. Add jello to shot glasses, fill about 1/2 way.
5. Place in fridge for 20 minutes.
6. Repeat steps 1-3 with orange gelatin.
7. Fill shot glasses and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Up to 1 hour before serving, add the whipped topping and then garnish.
2. Bloody Cauldron
You may have a lot of guests coming over and a little bit of time. No worries, I have the recipe for you. This drink takes almost no time.
- Cocktail glasses
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Amero liqueur
- 1/4 oz Simply Cranberry Cocktail
- 2 cubes dry ice (optional)
1. Add all ingredients (except dry ice) to a cocktail shaker filled with regular ice.
2. Shake and double strain into cocktail glass.
3. Drop in dry ice with tongs (optional). Make sure you don’t drink beverage until dry ice has evaporated.
3. Zombie Punch
If you’re looking for something really easy that will serve a lot of people. This is the recipe for you! Not only does are the ingredients easy, but you can have fun with it too!
- Large clear bowl
- 1 Liter Hawaiian Punch
- 1 Liter 7-Up
- 750 ml bottle Vodka
- Frozen Strawberries or favorite fruit (optional)
- Halloween themed gummies (optional)
1. Combine a 1:2 ratio of Hawaiian Punch to 7-Up into bowl.
2. Add Vodka.
3. Add fun toppings (optional).
If you want to change any of the ingredients, feel free to do so. If you want to make them family friendly then you can ditch the alcohol altogether. Just make sure to have fun this season!